After not having published anything since almost 9 months it`s time for a short business update:
1. I left SponsorPay Management after 15 months of rapid growth. (Not really “news” for my close contacts )
- In July 2010 I left SponsorPay to take a sabbatical after I had built up the company for 15 months. My original contract as Interim Managing Director had been designed for 6-12 months. We later extended it to have me building up our USA Operations before I leave the company.
2. SponsorPay continued to grow and got new investors on board.
- SponsorPay continued the growth path under my successor Janis Zech and CEO Andreas Bodczek. (Now about 75 employees and growing further.) Most recently Nokia Growth Partners invested about $5 Mio alongside existing investors. I`ve been selling a part of my SponsorPay shares in that transaction.
3. I made several new pre IPO investments:
- Facebook.com (Bought employee shares in several transactions since june 2010.)
- Linkedin.com (Bought employee shares in one transaction in October 2010.)
- Slightly increased my position in a new financing round for SaaS-for-Lawyers company GoClio.com.
- Invested alongside my Team Europe Ventures partners in online food delivery platform Lieferheld.de. (big news ahead )
I`ve invested medium 5 to medium 6 digits amounts / in all companies. This is also the size I am looking for new investment opportunities.
4. My other major portfolio companies have been growing nicely as well:
- Madvertise.de profited from the strong growing mobile market and serves now 700 Mio Page Impressions per Month after 60 Mio one year before.
- Absolventa.de also developed very well and has now more than 1200 companies using their recruiting service.
5. I`m soon starting an exciting new company together with my partners from Team Europe Ventures…
6. I have an exciting opportunity for one or two very analytical future entrepreneurs !
This a big chance to develop everything that it needs to become an internet entrepreneur (know-how, network, reputation, access to capital and talents) within 1-3 years of very close collaboration with me and Team Europe Ventures. I also look for an entrepreneurial intern.
Please contact me already if you are interested. More TBA soon…